Adopting a Pet from Salt Lake County Animal Services
Utah FACES and the staff at Salt Lake County Animal Services are eager to help you find that special, new member of your family. There are thousands of animals that come to the shelter each year hoping to get that special invitation to come home to their new forever family.
- Rescuing is significantly less expensive than purchasing from a breeder.
- Research has proven that mixed breeds live longer and have less health problems than purebred animals. Purebred animals are often times over-bred which leads to health problems such as hip dysplasia and enlarged hearts.
- Rescued pets come spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, saving you significant money up front.
- The staff at the animal shelter have often times spent significant time with this pet and can tell you their behavioral traits and what makes them happy.
- When you adopt, you are giving this pet a second chance that it might never have had.
For information on the pets available for adoption and the procedures for completing the adoption process, contact:
Salt Lake County Animal Services
511 West 3900 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84123
385- GOT PETS (385-468-7387)
Click here to see all of the animals currently available for adoption